Saturday, July 9, 2016

Lesson 12 Reflection

This week we learned about making accommodations when evaluating student learning. There are many ways that we can create opportunities for all students to demonstrate their learning, and to achieve success according to their abilities and strengths. individualized grading is a way for teachers to accommodate students who may have a high-incidence disability or modified curricular expectations. They can monitor the student's development and represent their progress in a way that is meaningful for that individual student. A portfolio assessment is another way for students with special needs to show their achievements and progress. A collection of their work and other observable evidence is assembled and is then available as a reference on that student's progress.
I worked on the visual impairment mask challenge this week, and it was again such a powerful experience. I had to plan it for a day when I could be home and not need to drive anywhere. I developed quite a headache after straining my eyes for so long. I was surprised how hard it was to navigate even in my familiar home environment. It was surprising how many things I found difficult without my sight. I couldn't do my usual activities like reading or watching TV or going for a walk, without experiencing severe difficulty. These challenges have been so revealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment